This October, we’re bringing several updates to the table that address workflow bottlenecks for admins and users alike. From new planning board filters to introducing helpful notifications, the team at BigTime is always hard at work to create smoother workflows. Read on to learn about this month’s release.
Let’s check out what’s new this month:
Even more ways to plan
Since unveiling the planning board in August, we’re adding more functionality to help you account for every detail in your weekly, monthly, or annual planning sessions. Whether you plan independently or sit around the table with your team, do it all on your planning board.
- Make sure all projects are accounted for while scheduling resources. We added role allocations on the planning board, which allows project managers and BigTime system admins to see which projects have roles that need to be filled and assigned.
- Capture all projects on the planning board, including non-billable projects. We know how much work is done outside of billable hours or projects. Account for any internal projects with the billable/non-billable filter, such as PTO or days off alongside all your billable work.
Notifications you’ll want to open
Keep the invoice process rolling! The new invoice-approved notification contains all the information you need to ensure no invoice falls through the cracks.
- Keeping track of each invoice can be daunting, especially if your invoices go through a multi-level approval process. Get alerted when an invoice is fully approved and ready to send out. Financial admins will get a notification that an invoice has been approved, and also get the invoice number, associated project number, and a direct link to that invoice.
- 💡 Tip: never miss an update! Turn on email and/or Slack notifications in your notification settings to get alerts in multiple channels.
Easier expense reporting with BigTime + Sage Intacct
BigTime and Sage Intacct, a powerful accounting software for growing businesses, work together seamlessly as you scale.
- Finance teams can easily post expenses from BigTime directly to Sage Intacct. Just click the cloud icon, seen below, and post directly to the Sage Intacct expense module.
For the full list of updates, including bug fixes, just scroll through your announcements in BigTime. For another roundup of new releases, check back here next month! If you have questions or just want to say hello, we’d love to hear from you. Shoot us an email at email@example.com.
About the Author
Senior Vice President, ProductSee more by Jami Klotz